Our philosophy of providing an advertisement free zone for children means that the magazine does not generate any income. It is free for all children to read.
The fantastic work of a huge number of incredibly talented writers, from all walks of life, enable us to create this resource for children. We are very grateful to them.
If you would like to contribute, please get in touch.
To help with the costs of running the site, we have published a range of books aimed at children from 8 to 12 year, both fiction and non-fiction.
Our Book Authors
Millie is a British writer and translator living and working in Greece. She writes about etymology on Jump! Mag and on Glossologics, and shares her children’s stories on Kidscapers.
Millie likes to mix traditional folklore with fictional tales of her young adventurer Lucy Evans, the InstaExplorer.
Sam has worked as a forensic scientist as well as for the British government, and has degrees in both archaeology and osteoarchaeology. She has 2 children, is passionate about science, reading, history and music, and loves dyeing her hair bright colours!
Samantha is brilliant at explaining complex science theories in a simple and easy-to-understand way. Her book on science vocabulary explains the difference between the meaning of words in everyday situations, and in when talking about science.
Founder and Editor of Jump! Mag, Lynn is freelance writer, who lives and works in Scotland with her family and fluffy white dog.
She is passionate about improving the lives of women and girls, and is writing a series of books about awesome women you’ve never heard of … #12Women
Our Magazine Writers
“My son, Adam Jacob, was born in June 2009.He’s the greatest thing I have ever done.And the hardest job I’ve ever had is being a Mummy. Tee is what my niece named me when she started to talk. Now half the world calls me Tee. The other half call me Byn. The last half call me Robyn. And I am terrible at maths”.
Sam blogs about all kinds of science at www.samanthagouldson.com.
Latest posts by Sally Anne (see all)
- Second Hand – Or Vintage Clothing? - December 22, 2014
- What is Procrastination, and Do You Have Time to Read This Right Now? - April 6, 2014
- Adventure in Uganda - October 14, 2013
Likes: Writing, reading, twitter and chocolate
Dislikes: Negative and angry people
Latest posts by Lynn Schreiber (see all)
- Short Story – The Secret of the Treacherous Cave – Written By You - March 26, 2017
- What is Separation of Powers? - February 10, 2017
- REVIEW – Alice In Wonderland – Edinburgh - December 19, 2016
She has three cats and two daughters. Louise also runs a blogging network for feminist writers called A Room of Our Own: A Feminist/ Womanist Network.
Latest posts by Iona Burchell (see all)
- It just IS Cricket – Women’s Cricket Around the World - November 18, 2013
Latest posts by GeekDad (see all)
- New Skylanders Trap Team - April 24, 2014
- Video Games for the Family – For Everyone To Enjoy - January 31, 2014
Likes :A full night’s sleep, pizza and a good cappuchino
Dislikes : drizzle, falling off horses
Latest posts by Annie-May Gibb (see all)
- Movie Making Camp for Girls – Camp Reel - March 27, 2014
- Interview with Great British Bake Off Finalists 2013 – Ruby Tandoh and Kimberley Wilson - February 10, 2014
- The Nokia Be Remarkable Conference for Girls - January 24, 2014