As part of the further development of Jump! Mag, we are hiring two New Media Interns to help with the day to day running of the site, and with our Social Media presence.
An New Media Internship with Jump! Mag gives you the opportunity to gain experience in online publishing and working in Social Media. You will be part of an exciting new venture that aims to inspire, educate and entertain preteen girls. Learn more about the philosophy of Jump! Mag here.
Interns will have a flexible work schedule, and can be based anywhere in the UK. The position is unpaid, but if you would like to use this internship towards a college or university course, we would be happy to work with your tutor to arrange this.
You should be trust-worthy, independent and an excellent communicator. As our team is extremely small, we must be able to rely on our interns to do the work assigned to them on time and to the best of their ability.
You should understand and share our philosophy, and be ready to educate and inspire girls.
You should be 18 years or older.
Internship length – minimum of 6 months, with possibility to extend.
Working hours – approx 10 hours a week. We are flexible as to when you put these hours in, as long as the work is done before the deadline
You should be willing and able to work independently, and to take initiative.
You should be creative and willing to adapt to new situations.
You should be disciplined in meeting deadlines and responding to communication, both from other staff, and from our readers
Online publishing is not a 9-5 job. You must be able to check your email several times a day, and to respond promptly to any queries on Social Media.
Online Editorial Intern (POSITION FILLED)
The Online Editorial Intern assists the Editor with creating, editing, and finding content to feature on Jump! Mag.
We expect you to work on the following tasks :
- Writing for our blog, and getting edits and feedback from the editor.
- Editing submissions from contributors
- Finding interesting and appropriate content to feature on the website
- Assisting the editor with sourcing of photos or videos for the website
- Working “behind the scenes” of our website (no coding required!)
- A working knowledge of Social Media would be advantageous but is not essential
Social Media Intern
The Marketing Intern must be social media-savvy, and have experience using the main Social Media networks.
We expect you to work on the following tasks:
- Mange the Social Media channels – Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, Tumblr
- Communication with other organisations on Social Media
- Reaching out to possible contributors to the site
- Searching for appropriate, interesting and entertaining content to share on Social Media
- Working with Editorial Intern to promote new content on Social Media
- A working knowledge of the blogging software WordPress would be advantageous but is not essential
If you would like to apply for a New Media Internship, please send your application, including a current CV, explaining why you wish to work for Jump! Mag, and which position you would prefer.
Include details of your professional experience to date, and other skills and interests. If you have work published online, include links.
We look forward to hearing from you.