Currently, Jump! Mag is run as a non-profit volunteer led enterprise. We are looking to develop the magazine further, which will involve an initial investment and continuing funding.
My vision is a kind of Huff Post for kids, with lots of fun stuff, mixed with educational content and advice.
The future Jump! Mag will include:
- News and current affairs, presented in an age appropriate manner,
- Computer games, including learning to code
- Amusing videos and comic strips
- Study guides on topics covered in the National Curriculum
- Craft tutorials
- Peer to Peer counselling
- Advice on cyberbullying and using Social Media safely
- Career advice
It will be a subscription-based offer. Contributors will be experts in their field, and they will be given the option of being paid for their articles or donating their fee to a charity benefiting girls and young women.
In order to ascertain the interest of parents in such an online magazine, we have set up a survey. Would you please let us know your thoughts, and share the survey far and wide.